How do I know if I need help?
Symptoms of mental illness can look different from person to person. Just like physical illness, symptoms can be mild, moderate or severe. Don't wait to talk to your doctor, a friend or family member. There is no shame in seeking help.
Not feeling, thinking or acting like yourself?
Or perhaps people you care about notice changes in you similar to some of the following:
- I suddenly no longer have interest in activities I used to enjoy
- I find myself feeling angry or sad for little or no reason
- I used to be healthy, but now I always feel a bit sick
- My sleep patterns have changed
- I’ve been missing more and more time from work or school
- I’ve been drinking heavily or using drugs to cope
- I find myself avoiding people
- Sometimes I just want to end my life
Music For The Mind Campaign Interviews